Friday, June 29, 2007

Road trip

My daughter and I went on a road trip to several nurseries this week. It was a great way to spend some time together doing something we both love.

This is at a ladies home out in the country. She has fields planted with rows and rows of perennials and she sells them for $2. a shovelful.
I haven't seen a white cranesbill geranium before.
We just happened upon this one but I bought a couple things there. I got a new fern and a purple astilbe.
We each bought a couple starter plants at this one.
This is several miles from home but we try to go every year. It is at her home and we love to check out her gardens.



This is my favorite place close to home. It is at the home of a retired couple and they both have an amazing knowledge of plants. They have a good selection and are very reasonable.

Walk right into the woods to find the shade loving plants.
Did you notice parts of the blue cruiser in several pictures?
These are the plants I bought. I'm hoping to plant them on Sunday.
All and all it was a super day. If you'd like to see more click here.





7 comments:

Tammy said...

I so enjoyed taking this trip from your perspective too!
Oh, to have a well established garden...sigh!!
:)

Naturegirl said...

Jean it is always a treat to go to a nursery such as you have shown in your photos! I like to see everything planted as you get a better idea.I hope you bought some ~Tranquil White~
It glows in dark and when planted in dark corners! Thank you for stopping by my ~White Post!~ hugs NG

RUTH said...

Fabulous garden and I love the idea of buying perennials by the shovelful. So cheap! Wish we had somewhere like this near us. Enjoy you weekend and Happy Gardening.

Anonymous said...

Jean, those are just fabulously inspiring photos! What a wonderful way to spend the day... ($2 a shovel full? Sounds like a good buy!)

Carole Burant said...

That is definitely one of my favourite pastimes, to go look at nurseries and greenhouses to see what they have:-) Nothing pleases me more than when I find a plant I've never seen or heard of before!! You are so lucky to have so many of them around you...there's only 2 here! xox

Susie said...

Great way to spend the day with your daughter. We don't have nurseries that sell by the shovelful here!
xo

kris said...

Looks like you and Laurie had so much fun - I love going to nurseries and browsing (and always buying much more than I knew I needed!).