Saturday, May 26, 2007

Saturday stuff

I love this country angel in my garden. If you look close (click to enlarge) you can see she has chicken wire wings and has "Bless my Blossoms" written across the bottom. I used to have her in the garden beside the shop stairs. I had to call my plumber and when he walked in he said he had to stop and take a closer look at my angel. Seems at first glance he thought it said "Bless my Bossoms" and he figured that couldn't be right!

Awhile ago I wrote a post about ajuga and how my cousins husband said it would be fun to play with toy soldiers because the flowers would be perfect trees. I gave him a package of toy soldiers for his wedding gift and I said I was sure when no one was around he was playing with them. They say a picture is worth a thousand words so I give you this.It's a little blurry but I'm sure you can figure out what is going on!

I got a pretty cool website the other day and thought you might like to check it out. I tells you the number one song the day you were born or any other day that is special to you.


The number one song the day I was born was "Riders in the Sky (A Cowboy Legend)" by Vaughn Monroe. What was yours?



4 comments:

Carole Burant said...

Mine was "Wake Up Little Susie" by the Everly Brothers:-) What a very cool site, thank you for the link!! Bless my "bossoms" eh?? LOL I love it! I'm still laughing at the little soldiers in your flowers...that is too funny! xox

Tammy said...

That site was so much fun!!
My song was Runaway by Del Shannon...you know...I wonder...why...why...why...why...why...she ran away...and I wonder where she'll stay...my little runaway...run run run run runaway!!
Hubby's was Battle of New Orleans...which he loves btw!!

Susie said...

Now I love Pea's song and I remember it well! I looked up what was popular on our wedding day: Groovin by the Rascals:
Groovin' on a Sunday afternoon...
Fun site!!
xo

Anonymous said...

hello my name is ina i come from holland ,i look at gardenblogs al over the world ,yours is lovely i like the country/ cotaggestyl ,wil you take a look at my blog?www.tuinfreakina130260.web-log.nl