Wednesday, May 26, 2010

A Ton of Gravel...

Literally!
I needed new gravel for the stairs to the beauty shop at the back of my house. Chris (my favorite son-in-law) picked it up Monday. I called ahead to see how much it would cost and they said $10.50 a ton. We both laughed and said we didn't need a ton.

We actually ended up with a ton and a half!
One of Jerzie and Payton's favorite thing to do at Grandma's is play in the gravel. Payton always has at least 1 stone in each hand when we come inside. I find them everywhere, including in the snack cupboard. Jerzie loves to build castles. She was very excited about all those stones!

See that look of determination as she helps Uncle Chris? Payton was in a stroller watching so I could keep track of her. She is definitely not to be trusted!
Chris and Jerzie unloaded the gravel at the top of the stairs. When Chris was leaving, Jerzie ran up from swinging with the neighbor in the backyard to thank Uncle Chris for bringing the stones. Apparently she thinks I got more stones just for her!
Yesterday, my job was to spread it down the stairs and over to the door. It was hot and muggy but the shop was open today so I had to get it done. One more huge job completed! I do not intend to spread another ton and a half of gravel any time soon!

2 comments:

Becca's Dirt said...

Is that all it cost? Good deal but loads of work. It really looks good. Wish I had an appt with you today. I need a new 'do'.

Corner Gardener Sue said...

It's looking good! We have gravel in our back yard because it's small, and we couldn't get grass to grow, partly because of the dog we had when we moved here. I think my husband had 2 tons poured onto the driveway. I had other plans, but canceled to stay home and help him. I ended up with a bad case of tennis elbow. We tried all kinds of treatments, including a number of cortizone shots. I'm thankful for the surgery I had that took care of it.

I hope you used good body mechanics when you shoveled your gravel. If you have any aches and pains, let them heal before doing things that cause them to hurt more. I guess that's the moral of my story.

I hope your hair business is doing well.