Friday, February 19, 2010

Pomander

Some of you may know that I have a small collection of pomanders, or china scent holders. Basically they are all ball shaped except for one egg shaped. There is a plug in the bottom so you can put powder or potpourri in them.I went out antiquing/junking on Saturday and found this awesome bird shaped one. Of course, I had to buy it!
It was a little more than the usual 1 to 4 dollars I spend but still under $10.
The bottom says Jamestown China which I haven't had time to check out yet. I think it's a great addition to my collection especially since I seem to be hooked on birds lately.

4 comments:

Darla said...

An adorble addition to your collection....

Heather said...

so cute and dainty!

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

Oh it's beautiful! I love anything "bird" and "smells good" so in my book, you have a double-header :-)

Latane Barton said...

What a find, Jean. I love that little bird and I know you must too or it would still be sitting on a shelf all by itself in a store.