Thursday, July 16, 2009

The Ballroom

Upstairs over the antique shop we visited is a huge ballroom. It is used for dances, receptions, etc. There is an entrance from the back of the store with a very wide, steep stairway.At one end is the bar area and the other end has a corner stage. There is a tiny kitchen behind the bar.

You can tell by this picture how huge this room is. There were regular size banquet tables all around the room the day we were there. Above the windows, all the way around the room are old lighted beer signs. I would love to see them all lit up!

The wood ceiling was amazing!

My memory was sure jogged when I saw the bread advertising on these old screen doors hanging on the walls. Every store in my small hometown had these doors.

I can just imagine a square dance like I went to with my Gramma and Grampa at the local Legion, in this awesome ballroom!

3 comments:

Darla said...

This place is amazing isn't it?

Cedar said...

I wonder if that has a "floating" floor? A lot of the old dancehalls did. Especially those on upper levels. I'd love to square dance again, it's been years.

Susie Homemaker said...

I would have loved to have seen this place all full of people dancing! Awesome place...

Blessings,
Susie