Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Corner Cupboard

This is the corner cupboard in my living room. I just got it this year so I wasn't really sure what to put in it. The bottom shelf holds some cute bear figurines. The middle shelf has 2 tiny Christmas books and some vintage candles. If you click to enlarge you can see the Santa sleigh and reindeer and a Mr and Mrs Santa my Mom made with beads.
The top shelf is the nativity we had when I was young. (The angels on the moons are also vintage candles.)
I have never seen any pieces to this nativity anywhere. I have no idea how old they are except I remember them always being in our home and I'm close to 60. All the figures are wax. This is not the original stable.
I love the animal figures. There is a donkey between Mary and Joseph and a cow on the far right. Have you ever seen these or do you have any information about them?

6 comments:

Wanita said...

Your corner cupboard looks so festive. I love your nativity. I have never seen one with wax figurines. I hope someone can help you solve the mystery!

I also love your header. What a great picture!

Christmas blessings,
Wanita

Attic Clutter said...

Merry Christmas~!!
Your banner and blog are just darling ..love the balls for background and the moving holly how cute is that.(:)
hugs, Patty

playsdolls said...

Love your corner cabinet and those green plates.

Carole Burant said...

I love what you've done with your corner cabinet, how delightful all the ornaments are!! Wishing you and yours a very Merry Christmas, dear Jean!! xoxo

Unknown said...

You are still showing some great treasures! Very nice. I have some old pieces of things as well and have no clue how to go about researching them, unless they have something written on them.

Cedar ... said...

Your corner cabinet is nice,... and I spotted those two green depression glass plates! I'm a fan of dep glass too, I used to buy and sell at outdoor flea markets. dep glass was my specialty. I love the old things. I have not seen wax figurines before. Unique!