Monday, October 27, 2008

It's Bloomin' Tuesday!

Welcome!
We have had snow in out forecast for several days but nothing sticking on the ground, just a little in the air.

This is a little strip of garden I added to the side of the driveway a few years ago(summer pic). Burgandy Glo Ajuga (bugleweed) is planted on the outside of the bricks.
When I went out for pictures yesterday I spotted this one little Sun Rose (helianthemum) blooming.
I have a few colors of Dianthus in this space and they still had a couple blooms, as well.
They are a hardy plant that just keeps on bloomin' and comes back well every year.
These 2 pictures are also from this summer when plants were in full bloom.
This purple clematis grows on the trellis at the far end of this little garden.
Thanks for coming over for Bloomin' Tuesday! We are going to try to go all winter so if you would like to join us just put your name and permalink on Mr Linky. We would love to see what has been bloomin' where you are planted! Next week I would like to offer some seeds I have saved. It would be fun to have a seed swap so be thinking about what seeds you have to offer.
Now sit back and enjoy the garden tour.



15 comments:

Carole Burant said...

I think it's wonderful that you still have some flowers blooming, they certainly are hardy! Mine are now completely finished and they've all been trimmed down for the winter. xoxo

Suzanne said...

Love your pretty posies next to your driveway. What a nice greeting as you come home! Your photos are beautiful -- love all the Fall leaves scattered around the pretty flowers!

Anne Fannie said...

Hi Jean, glad to see you still have some color in your garden.
Count me in on your seed swap!
Love, Ann

Aiyana said...

It sure doesn't look like snow with all that's blooming a green. The Clematis almost glows in the photo.
Aiyana

Anonymous said...

Hi Jean ~ I'm afraid I'm out of flowers in my yard to post, but I sure like the idea of a seed swap. I'd love to put my name in the hat for some of your double hollyhock seeds...I still have that particular post saved in my bloglines as the flowers were SO pretty!

Sweetie said...

Hi Jean - It's great that you still have some blooms. I really like the bed of flowers next to your drive way. I think that it's good to go all winter. It will give us ideas for spring.
Sweetie

Unknown said...

Can you share with me about the seed swap.....I totally want to be in that! Snow? What's that?

Carla said...

That little sun rose is darling! Di's are good autumn and spring plants for us here in TX. Your clematis is dreamy!!! I hope some of mine will bloom so well after they are established!! Beautiful!

The Smiths said...

I love that purple clematis!! I never noticed it before...funny how you can see the same things over and over and look right past them even though they are so beautiful.

Grammy said...

Hi Jean,
It's great that you still have some blooms. I really like the clematis. I just planted one this spring. But it did not grow quick enough to bloom this year.
Grammy

Anonymous said...

Hi Jean, thanks for visiting my blog and suggesting I had my Catnip post to today's Blooming Tuesday. I'm glad to read that you plan on continuing this throughout the winter. :)

Deb said...

I love the little Dianthus blooms among the fall leaves - so pretty!

kesslerdee said...

I love the little pink blooms! Just delightful! I finally was able to join again this week- late but here I am!

Margaret Cloud said...

I only have two very pretty lavender flowers left, yours looks so lovely, I like the purple flowers at the bottom, could be they are my favorite color. Please come by sometime.

Anonymous said...

I love the purple clematis! I have such trouble growing them!

Manuela