Tuesday, August 28, 2007

The Auction

Thought I would show you my auction pictures. This tent was full! You can see and hear a video of the sale of this cart here.
All this wicker and I didn't buy any! My deck is pretty full already. This table and chairs went for $20.
The owners grandfather was rocked in the cradle. This old sign was from the small town I grew up in. I don't remember the Spic'n'Span Store.
The metal sign was found in an old trunk. It was for insurance and sold for $120.
I got one pile of these old windows for a buck! The bikes sold for a dollar each. Here's Mike at the beginning of the auction.

I'll show you what I've done with all my great purchases in the weeks to come.

3 comments:

Carole Burant said...

Having just recently gone to my first estate auction, I know how exciting it is:-) You really did well and I'm looking forward to seeing what you're going to do with everything you bought!! xox

Cat said...

That looks like such fun - and I peeked at all yours & your moms treasures! WOW! Your mom must be artsy too. Looks like many projects ahead!

Enjoy!

savvycityfarmer said...

I started going to auctions as a kid with my dad...those were the days you could let your kids run around and not worry 'bout them...he would head for the john deere's and i would run to the flat bed wagons with the household stuff piled high....oh the memories that just flooded in....sigh