Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Grandpa

I'm awake now, Grandma!I had to get a new scanner so I thought I'd try it out today. This is a picture of my Grandpa when he was christened.
If you look close at the picture you can see that this is the slip under his dress. I don't know what ever happened to the dress but I have the slip. It is about a yard long with a 6 in waistband and it is cotton.
This is one of my favorite pictures of him. My brothers son and my daughter were born 5 weeks apart. This is Grandpa with both of them. He loved babies and would let his granddaughters (he had 10 grandchildren and my brother is the oldest and the only boy) and great granddaughter do anything they wanted! I remember us girls sitting around him on the back and arms of a chair combing his hair. The Vitalis was running down his face.My daughter was 4 when he and Grandma came up from Florida for the summer. She had him wrapped around her finger! Whenever she spent the night she made him go to bed when she did. We were never brats around Grandpa but he sure did spoil us with love! This picture of me, my ex and daughter with Grandma and Grandpa was taken that summer. He died a couple months later.
The outfit my daughter has on is green with a pink ladybug. My Grandma knitted it for her . What great memories I have!

5 comments:

TJ said...

your grandbaby is just precious!! Loved the shot with the little head bobbing up between the pillow padding...so sweet!!
Loved your other pics and memories too!!
:-D

Laurie and Chris said...

Well I guess we know what Jerzie will look like when she gets older!! Glad to see your new scanner is working ok.Cute picture of Jerzie!

Susie said...

The old photos are precious. I cherish the ones of my Grandpa with the greats and great greats!
Hope you're feeling better!
:)

Carole Burant said...

I so enjoy seeing old pictures like this...how absolutely wonderful that you have the slip that your grandpa wore at his baptismal!! What a treasure indeed! Hugs xox

Anonymous said...

Hi Jean love your pictures and memories, that is what life is all about,thanks, Marcy Y.