Sunday, November 30, 2008
Saturday, November 29, 2008
Friday, November 28, 2008
I trust you all had a super day with fami;y and friends.
Thursday, November 27, 2008
Wednesday, November 26, 2008
Monday, November 24, 2008
Hens and chicks
Variegated Solomon's Seal
I also have lots of plants with burgundy foliage. We welcome anyone that has gardening pictures or house plants of any kind to join the fun. If you would like to sign up just add your name and permalink to Mr Linky and add a link to this post on your blog. (I'm hoping Mr Linky is working this week!) Thanks for stopping by!
Sunday, November 23, 2008
Saturday, November 22, 2008
2. When my Father's family came over from Sweden they changed their name from Cederquist to Carlson. Then his Mother died and left his Dad with 4 small children. As was common back then, the children were given away to relatives. My Dad was the youngest and he and his older sister were given to a cousin. Their names were then changed to Olson. His 2 other sisters were given to two other families several miles away. Miraculously, they remained in touch. None of this was done thru the system or made legal. That's just the way it was back then. So who am I really?
3. When I was young, my Mom made me take ballet lessons because I was so clumsy. I'm not sure that it helped much!
4. I also took piano lessons for several years. My Mom was a very good pianist so we always had an old piano in our home. I was never accomplished and didn't continue past junior high school.
5. I went thru all the ranks for Girl Scouts. As a Senior Scout I earned the highest award possible. During school I helped my Mom with a troop and when my daughter was in school I had her Brownie troop. I believe it is a great organization and wish more teen girls would give it a try.
6. This is a biggie! You know I'm desperate when I tell a real secret to the world! My Uncles had a special nickname for me. As I got older I hated it but by then they were so used to it they didn't even think about it. My one Uncle worked construction and I walked by where he was working. At the time, a boy from my class was also working there. Imagine my embarrassment when from the roof he yelled " Hi! Jerky!!" Yup, that's what they called me! The last time I saw my one uncle before he passed away he still slipped and called me Jerky! I'm told they called me that as a baby and I smiled so they decided I liked it!
I'm supposed to tag some people but I know everyone is busy so if you want to make me feel better by telling one or more of your deep, dark, secrets just leave me a comment and let me know.
Friday, November 21, 2008
Thursday, November 20, 2008
Monday, November 17, 2008
She'd pick up a handful, look at it,