Monday, August 11, 2008

It's Bloomin' Tuesday!

As you can see the black eyed susans are going crazy in my garden! There isn't a lot blooming in this garden so I let them bloom away and then I pull some out.
What I really wanted to show you are my Rose of Sharon. I have 3 different ones.
This double pink is behind the birdhouse in my topper. It is quite large but I keep it trimmed so it doesn't get any bigger.
This white one is at the end of my lily bed and right before the shade garden area.
I do like the white one
but this one is my favorite.
You can see it in the first picture at the bottom of my kitchen garden. I love the deep red centerI worked in this area of my garden on Sunday and I ended up with this bucket full of babies.
Now comes the fun! I hate throwing away good plants so if you would be interested in some of these babies I would love to send you some. I don't know if they will make it or not but I figure you have nothing to lose. Just send me (my address is in my profile) an e-mail with your name and address and I will send you some babies. Obviously some in the bucket are too big to send but there are lots of little ones. Just let me know when you get them and we'll check on their progress (Let's hope there is some!). I only have babies for the white with the red center.
If you would like to join us and post what's bloomin' where you are planted just put your name and blog address on Mr Linky. Please post a link to this post so your visitors can join the fun. To take a garden tour from your computer chair, click on the names on the list below. Thanks for stopping by!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous Rose of Sharon Jean. I especially like the solid white one. The blackeyed susans are still going strong in my garden too. If something does well I let it stay, just weed out some of the excess. :) My post will be up soon.

Suzy said...

I have the pink and the purple rose of sharon,just starting to open up. Everything in my flowerbed is always later because it's partly shaded.I always love looking at your beauties!!!

Anne Fannie said...

Hello Jean, I love your garden today for Blooming Tuesday. Your flowers are so beautiful!
Thanks again for hosting Blooming Tuesday!
Love, Ann

Aiyana said...

The Roses of Sharon are all pretty. They appear to be quite tall. If you didn't prune how big would they get? Do they die back in winter, and then just start over each spring?
Aiyana

Jean said...

Aiyana, The RofS is a woody shrub. It looses it's leaves in the fall just like a tree. The average height is 8 to 10 feet. The branches grow upward and usually stay that way unless they are beat down by hard rain or snow. Jean

Suzanne said...

Hi Jean - It looks like we are showcasing the same plant this week! I didn't know they were called "Rose of Sharon" -- we just call them hibiscus here, but they look like similar things. Mine isn't nearly that tall -- just a shrub that gets about 2-3 feet tall. My neighbor's is much taller -- probably 6 feet. I cut mine back to the ground in the fall and it sends up new shoots every spring. Yours are just BEAUTIFUL!

Rosie's Whimsy said...

Every year at this time as I pass homes with Rose of Sharon bushes I comment to my Hubby what good bushes they are for this time of year. And every year goes by and I don't plant any!! I would love to have one of your babies. I'll send my addy right along :-)

Linda aka yellowroseli said...

I love Rose of Sharron, but mine are not as pretty as yours. Mine are still babies, lol. I have lots of look forward to if they turn out like yours. Where are you in NY State. Beautiful photos. Happy gardening

kesslerdee said...

I've never seen a Rose of Sharon before- they are lovely!

Dawn said...

My post is up!
I'd love one of your babies.
I can stop by to get it this week.
I'll let you know.

Love that photo in your banner.

JustinB said...

I love bloomi'n tuesday!!

Sweetie said...

I love your Rose of Sharons. Your site is lovely and it's so gracious of you to host Bloomin' Tuesday.

Anonymous said...

You have some lovely blooms this week - all I've got is rain!