Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Bucket List

Tracey has tagged me for a "bucket list". She has been tagged for several memes lately and she's getting real cranky about it! I think she's trying to make everyone suffer with her! (lol) This meme really made me think about things so I did enjoy doing it. There are no rules except to give your list of five things you want to do before you die, based on the movie The Bucket List. I think this could get quite interesting!

1. This one surely won't surprise anyone that knows me well. I want to see my granddaughter ( and at least one more grandchild) grow up! I became a Grandma a little late in life so I'll have to stay around until I'm real old!

2. I'd also like to see my kids settled in homes they expect to live in forever. Both my kids and their spouces would like homes outside the city and I'd love to be a part of their move.

3. I'd love to do something that involved interior design. I've enjoyed decorating my home and helping others with theirs. If it wasn't too late for a "do over" I'd go in that field instead of hair styling.

4. I'd love to have a jetted bath tub installed in my upstairs, unused bathroom! Now that's a real dream! It would help me a lot with my fibromyalgia.

5. I'd love to some day be able to actually retire! I know I'll have to work for several more years because I've never made much money and my SS check will be small but I'd love to reach a point where I could just work when and if (and on who ever!) I wanted to. I'm sure anyone in a service field knows what I mean!

I'm sure my "bucket list" is different from a lot of peoples. I'm a stay at home person that is not into travel or fancy vacations. So what is your "bucket list"? I'm going to tag Pea, Chris and Laurie, Zoey and Dawn but I'd love to read your list even if you're not tagged. Just leave me a message and let me know you've done it.

3 comments:

Carole Burant said...

Oh sure, now I have to THINK!!! lol I'll get this done in my post tomorrow:-) Enjoyed reading your Bucket List...I think you would have made a fabulous interior designer, you just have the flair for it. xox

ShabbyInTheCity said...

Yeah I hope to live long enough to see some grands grow up! Some days I wonder if I'll see my kids grow up. I'm almost 46 with an 8 year old still.

Diana LaMarre said...

Jean,
I am afraid I have never heard of that movie. I don't know any movies because I never go to see them and very rarely ever rent one. Im weird, I know! :)