Saturday, July 28, 2007

Another Bronze

I went to a local elementary school to check out their bronze statue by local artist, Dave Poulin.
He has captured the movement so perfectly that at first glance you think someone is actually jumping rope.
I love this back view with her skirt and leg movement and foot balanced on her toes. Local children have posed for several of Dave's sculptures.



Dave has sculptures in other areas of the country. To find out where click on his name above. To see other sculptures I've posted click here and here. We are very fortunate to have such a wonderful artist in our area.

3 comments:

Susie said...

I love this! Such a talented artist :)

Tammy said...

Very nice...I loved to jump rope as a child!
:)

Carole Burant said...

When I saw the first picture, I really thought that was a little girl skipping rope...then I realized it was a statue!! The artist certainly did a superb job! xox