Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Sausage rolls

We're having another beautiful fall day in Western NY! It's hard to believe the weather man is calling for snow this weekend. I washed my front windows and put up the storms this am just in case. There is so much to do to get ready for winter that I try to do a little every day.

I thought some of you might be interested in the recipe for sausage rolls. My Mom got this several years ago from a neighbor who had been a cook in the Army.
The dough is Bisquick. I use the recipe for biscuits but add about 1/4 cup more bisquick so it rolls easier. It will take a couple batches to make 2 lbs. of meat.The filling is just your favorite bulk pork sausage with equal part ground beef. I don't add any seasoning because the pork is usually well seasoned. Roll the dough about 1/8 in. thick. Cut into squares and add an elongated meatball of filling.

Fold in the ends and wrap the meat with the dough. Place on an ungreased cookie sheet.

Bake at 350 degrees for thirty minutes. Remove from cookie sheet immediately and place on a wire rack. Enjoy!

4 comments:

Dawn said...

I was hoping you would post this recipe! Thanks, Jean.

Susie said...

Jean,
Those look easy and yummy! Thanks for sharing...

savvycityfarmer said...

Oh my!!!!!! just when I'm the hungriest.

Anonymous said...

Your blog is great & your grandaughter is adorable! The picture of you is too cute. I will check back again.