Monday, April 29, 2013

It's Bloomin' Tuesday!

 Welcome to the 7th annual Bloomin' Tuesday!
 
I'm going to start this week with a pet peeve of mine.  I started Bloomin' Tuesday to share garden photos with every day trial and error gardeners like me.  I have enjoyed doing this for several years. It seems the new trend for a couple years is to see how many followers we can get.  Personally, I don't care!  I don't enjoy being a vehicle for those bloggers that are using Bloomin' Tuesday for that purpose. I get very irritated when I go to a blog that does one post a week and has a list of parties they are involved in for the week.  I ask that you put a link to my blog just so your followers can enjoy and possibly join our tour. I used to comment on every post I went to, now I comment on those that leave me a comment.  I'm sorry if some of you are offended but I am entitled to my opinion.  I'm also sorry I found it necessary to post this on the first Tuesday of 2013 but I know that most of the guilty ones are only here on Bloomin' Tuesday.  I've also realized that they don't read my post when they sign up so this year I will be removing these posts.
Now let's get to the fun!
I showed all my bloomers last week so this week I'm showing some of the lovely flowering trees and shrubs that are blooming around the city.






 I love the weeping trees  but I prefer the natural look myself.
Can't have spring without some dandelions!  These are not in my yard, mine aren't blooming yet! lol!

7 comments:

daisy said...

She's baaaaaack! Yippee! So nice to be here again with so many skilled gardeners. Can't wait to see what's bloomin' everywhere.

Bernie H said...

You've shown some beauties this week, Jean. Of course none of those wonderful blooming trees grow in my corner of the world, so I love seeing photos of them.

Deb said...

Good Morning, Jean! Glad that you're back with Bloomin' Tuesday! I'll have to make a trek outside today to see if I have anything blooming--not sure I do.

I love all the spring blooming trees--they just don't last long enough. I have a small weeping cherry that lasted a week or less. Re: your dandelion photo. I get rid of those as soon as I see them...but my daughter picks the greens for her salad. I'm not sure I've ever tried eating dandelion greens, but it's an old-time delicacy I guess!

Becca's Dirt said...

Beautiful trees blooming. Hope you are doing well Jean.

Linda @ Linda's Lunacy said...

It's good to see Bloomin' Tuesday back! Oh, I have PLENTY of dandelions in my yard if you would like a few. :) lol

Toko Busana Muslim Murah said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Betsy said...

Love those blooming trees, my dogwoods were not pretty at all this year, to cold a spring. Love your blog and Bloomin Tuesday
Betsy