Monday, September 26, 2011

It's Bloomin' Tuesday!

Welcome to another Bloomin' Tuesday in Western New York! Our weather has been up and down, today was in the 80's! A few days ago we had all the windows shut. I still have a few plants blooming and I have purchased some mums. I don't usually plant them because they never seem to return. The couple I do have planted haven't bloomed yet.Autumn Joy Sedum certainly has the perfect name! I add loads of color where ever it's planted.

I had to show you how huge this Anemone in the shade garden got. Payton is holding the bloom for me and she's 2 1/2 if that gives you an idea of size. I've never had any so large. The Dragon Plant is full of tiny white flowers and it's leaves are beginning to show their fall color.
There are even a couple day lilies still blooming and the prim rose leaves are coming back. I may even get some fall blooms. The blue Cranesbill Geranium has been blooming all summer and it still hasn't stopped. All the Cranesbills are a super addition to any garden.I'll leave you with this shot of a square mushroom Payton found in the front yard. I've never seen anything like it, have you? Add your name and permalink to Mr Linky to join this weeks tour. Don't forget to add a link to this post on your blog. Thanks for participating!



10 comments:

Corner Gardener Sue said...

Hi Jean,
I love that chair with the mums in it. You should try planting some mums in the ground again. I used to have mums die during the winter, too, but the last ones I've tried have made it.

We're enjoying nice weather, too.

That huge anemone is a beauty! Is that mushroom real, or are you playing a trick on us? ;o)

Corner Gardener Sue said...

Your fall template is pretty!

Suzanne said...

You still have beautiful blossoms in your garden!

Darla said...

Love the mums too. I need to move some of mine, they are being over watered, sigh.

daisy g said...

Lovely fall color!
I've never seen a square mushroom!

Rosemary said...

Jean The chair is a wonderful accent... Autumn is showing a lot of colour in your garden....

Roan said...

I have been seeing sedum in some gardens, but didn't know what it was called. I think I'll plant some next year.

Latane Barton said...

That is one weird mushroom. I am with you, I've never seen one like it. Have you had lots of rain? Maybe that caused a mal-function in one's growth!!

Becca's Dirt said...

That's a really wierd looking mushroom. Wonder why it shaped itself like that. I love that rocking chair in the garden. Perhaps cranes bill geranium might be one I should be looking at. My Johnsons Blue Geranium didn't do anything this year. Don't know why.

Indie said...

That's some mushroom!

I love your chair - I really can't resist chairs with plants on them!