Friday, November 05, 2010

Number 3!

I have written posts here and here about some dolls I had as a child. My favorite was the Nun doll but I remember having a couple more. I found the bride doll awhile ago.

The third doll I remember was a Spanish doll. I found her at a sale this summer and she was even in the box! I don't remember what the decoration on the boxes looked like for my dolls but I do remember them being in this type box.

I mentioned them to my brother and he immediately described this doll in the beautiful red and black outfit.

I got my dolls at the Red & White grocery store in our small town.

This doll was sold at Penny's but the price was the same, $1.00. I can't find any company name on the box or the doll but that doesn't matter to me. Like a lot of 'baby boomers' I enjoy finding items I had as a child.


7 comments:

Darla said...

I love dolls too.

Becca's Dirt said...

I love dolls too. What a great find for you and so nostalgic. The ones I remember the most was the thumbilina. And of course bride dolls. My granddaughter, Luci (age7) now has them in her collection. I love finding those items from my childhood too.

Rosemary said...

What a treasure you have to still have childhood dolls. My favourite doll was a Queen doll from the 50's

Balisha said...

I used to love Story Book Dolls. They were always a nice birthday present for a little girl. They came in polka dot boxes back then.I loved the one for my birth month, March. They were made of bisque in the 40's. Mine went to my cousin after I was finished with them. Balisha

Karen said...

Jean, such a lovely doll. I have never seen one like yours, she is a real beauty.

Diana LaMarre said...

What a thrill it must be to find your old dolls! I bet your granddaughters love them, too.

Bonnie said...

My sister had a nun doll too, we don't know what ever happened to it. She also had Chatty Cathy and I had Thumbelina. The poor things were probably tossed out when we didn't play with them anymore.