Thursday, February 11, 2010

Impulsive

I can be very impulsive at times. There are times when it wasn't too smart, like when I cut off the bottom of my old cupboards so my microwave would fit. After I was done I decided I didn't want it there after all.
Sometimes it's a really good idea but just maybe, I should have gotten some help, like when I decided my kitchen would look bigger if I switched the stove and frig. It really made a big difference but I spent all day and several trips to the hardware to extend the gas pipe. Being that my house was old, it was a job and some one that knew what they were doing could probably have done it in an hour. On the up side, it didn't cost much!
Then there are times I seem impulsive but I'm not, like when I bought my car. Every one thought I made a quick decision but in reality I'd thought about it for months and done some research.
Today I was impulsive! It was something I had thought about for a long time and just decided this morning to go ahead. As you can see in the first picture I had a stained chair rail over the white bead board. When I first did the kitchen the bead board was white washed to look more rustic. A few years ago, when the polyurethane I sealed it with was turning yellow (as poly will always do!) I painted it white.
Today I decided to paint the chair rail too. I looked around and realized there wasn't much to paint so why not. Well, I didn't even think about the fact that I would have to move the stove and frig. We all know what that means! Washing the walls, scrubbing the floor and vacuuming the appliances. I also didn't remember that I got my stitches out yesterday and still couldn't put my hand in water, especially dirty water!

I wore a glove and it does feel good to have at least part of the kitchen clean. I also thing it was a good decision. What do you think? Did you ever impulsively do something stupid?


6 comments:

Cedar ... said...

Absolutely looks much better painted white. The simpler the design/decorator job the more elegant it will look. :)

Darla said...

I love the white!! Impulsive tendancies run rampant around here..

Heather said...

love it! looks great white :)

Anonymous said...

The white looks great, Jean!

Diana LaMarre said...

Jean,
I think it looks great white. You did good!

Heidi Pocketbook said...

I like it!

And yes, I've done plenty of stupid things ;-)