Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Imagination!

2nd Time Around Tuesday!
I went to a huge household sale last week and this is one of my purchases that I'm excited about. Do you have any idea what these are? Would you have actually paid money for these old rusty pieces? Any idea what I'm going to do with them?
These are the old ball half to a hitch you put on your vehicle. It was a third off day so I got them for 4 dollars. I know, most of you think I was robbed but you just need to use your imagination! I'm going to try to find pipe they will screw into (if I can't I'll figure out something else) and use them for hose guards in one of my gardens!
Okay, be honest, would you buy them now?
For more 2nd Time Around posts go visit Diane.

5 comments:

Suzanne said...

I'm not very good at imagining what can be made with an old, used object. I see junk -- others see possibilities. I can't wait to see how these work up. I think your idea is wonderful! I enjoyed looking at all the other projects too.

Darla said...

Oh yeah, I probably would have purchased them and then come up with some way to display them!! Be sure to post the final project..

Cedar ... said...

I knew immediately what they were. That's because I tow my own camper. Although I'd be more interested in saving my money for traveling with the camper, I always get a chuckle out of the stuff you buy, Jean, and the ways you put it all to use! Creative!

Unknown said...

Yes, I would buy them now that you've told me what you are going to use them for!

You are very clever!!!

Thanks for linking to 2nd Time Around!

:) Diane

Diann @ The Thrifty Groove said...

Hi Jean!

Since I am sitting in our travel trailer at the campground right now, I can honestly say I knew what they were. LOL And Up, I probably would have bought them too! Great idea you are using them for! make sure you show us when you have your project done!