Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Christmas?!!!

I went to a couple sales last week and all I found were Christmas decorations. I always check them out, you never know what you can find. I found a couple real treasures.I found a few old ornaments that I liked. Usually they are a dollar or two but I got these for a quarter each.
I also found this cardboard art. The nativity has red cellophane on the back so it will look great with a light behind it.
These last 3 items were in boxes with Christmas junk in them. I can't believe they didn't get ruined and I'm awful glad I dug in the boxes. This snowman is an ornament. His body is a glass bulb with 'snow' on it. His face and buttons are raised from the body but all one piece.

This reindeer is unbelievable! It is glass and completely intact except for the very end of one of the antlers.
It appears that it was all silver at one time. Anyone have any info on this or the snowman? I think I found some great pieces. It sure pays to dig thru boxes!
For more Show and Tell posts go to Cindy's Romantic Home.

10 comments:

Darla said...

Are there any writings on any of these pieces? You found some real beauties here!!

Latane Barton said...

What finds! I love the reindeer. Hope someone knows something about them. But, you did great shopping.

Heidi Pocketbook said...

Very cool finds! I remember when I was a kid we had the cardboard church and some other buildings--that brings back such happy memories!

I don't have any info about the reindeer or snowman, hopefully someone else will.

Anne Fannie said...

Hi Jean
I love all your treasures you found! It sure pays off to dig through the boxes! LOL
~Ann

Cindy said...

Great finds.
Cidny

Michelle said...

Love your Christmas finds for Show & Tell! I hope you will stop by soon and visit me!
Michelle

The Old Parsonage said...

So glad that you found these wonderful treasures. I'm always buying things for Christmas. And if you stop by for a visit, you'll see why!

Enjoy!
Leann

Susan B said...

You found some nice Christmas items! Thank you for sharing.

Cindy said...

It's getting harder and harder to find old ornaments now...you found some nice ones!! I love the reindeer! Thanks for joining in on my first time hosting Show and Tell!

Rosemary said...

Hi Jean; Terrific finds, love the snowman......