Saturday, September 26, 2009

Autumn

My bloggy friend Latane, listed what she liked about autumn so I decided to make my list.
1. Going camping at Alleghany State Park over Columbus Day weekend with my kids and sweeties.
2.Walking in crunchy dry leaves.

3.All the bright, beautiful colored leaves and blue sky.
4. Cooler tempatures.

5. Buying fresh, crisp apples at the apple farm.
6. Cider, cold with a cinnamon fried cake or warm with mulling spices added.
7. Chili

8. Brown bag apple pie.
9. Making applesauce with my daughter, daughter-in-law and sweeties.

10.Concord grapes.
11.A warm cozy sweatshirt or sweater.

12.Pumpkins
13.Thanksgiving

14.Homemade vegetable soup.
15.All the fall colors and textures used to decorate your inside and outside. Orange pumpkins, dried corn stalks, yellows, greens and golds of gourds,...
What do you love about the fall? Leave me a comment if you make a list.

6 comments:

Diann @ The thrifty Groove said...

Oh that apple pie looks soooo yummy! i am enjoying all the wonderful Fall things around me s well. Have a wonderful weekend!

Rosemary said...

I love everything you listed tho I love cheddar potato chowder, 2 crust apple pie and I am making a pie and applesauce Sunday with my granddaughter.

Latane Barton said...

Well, you just knocked me out of the ballpark with all those great, colorful pictures. And, that pie... now, I am hungry and it's all your fault. (grin)

It's funny that we have the same background. They say that great minds think alike and I would say that's true.
hugs,
Latane

Anonymous said...

I love all the things about fall that you wrote. You've posted beautiful photographs throughout your blog.

Darla said...

Beautiful photos...I did not post a list, am asking for you to repeat the post of your homemade applesauce, PLEASE!

Jean Stockdale said...

How lovely. Thanks for stopping by and commenting on my tea strainer. I wish I knew more about it. I think it has probably graced many tea trays in its time. It was discovered in a cluttered antique mall in Franklin, Tn. I wish I knew its history, but I suppose the lack of information on it is part of its charm to me.