Saturday, December 06, 2008

Sad Day!

Yesterday was a very sad day. I got a call from one of my fellow workers from the grocery store. The bigwigs came in the morning and announced that our store would be closing on January 31st.This store employs 62 people. Hopefully the managers and full time people will get jobs in other stores. I only work about 20 hours a week and have been there about 5 years but my problem is insurance. I have prescription, dental, eye glasses and medical at no cost to me. I just got a new prescription yesterday that would have cost $238.! Now that I have register and office experience I'm not as concerned about getting a job as I am getting one with benefits.
It was hard to go to work last night and will be harder tonight because it was in the morning paper and now all our customers will know. I, along with everyone else is at a loss as to what to do. We will all have a hard time with the new ad line about big smiles!

6 comments:

Heather said...

i'm so sorry your company is closing. atleast it won't be until after the holiday, but it still hurts. i hope you find another one soon and with benefits definitely!

Carole Burant said...

Oh no, I'm so sorry to hear you're being affected by this closing. It's so sad to see so many businesses closing down because of the economy downfall. My heart and prayers go to all of you. xoxo

Rosemary said...

So sorry, good luck on your job search.

Unknown said...

Man, that is sad news. Sorry doesn't help I know, so I'll be praying the Lord will open a new door with even better benefits. Don't let Satan use this to make you miserable or depressed.

Suzanne said...

Oh, Jean, I'm so sorry that this has happened. Not an easy thing right before Christmas for all those people. Have faith -- it may be an opportunity for something even better.

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry about your job Jean. I hate that Companies do this right before the holidays, what a lousy thing to do to their employees. You are in my thoughts & prayers right now.