Monday, November 10, 2008

It's Bloomin' Tuesday!

Welcome!

A couple of my prim roses decided to bloom again now that the weather is cooler. We had 2 inches of snow when I got up this AM and it has snowed off and on all day.
I can't believe I never noticed this before! These round balls are left after my Japanese anemones bloom. Do you see how funny the one on the top right looks?
Now take a look at this one a few days later.
I have never noticed that this is how they reseed! I will be glad to share seeds but I'm not sure how to go about saving them. Can I harvest them now or do they need to dry and separate some? I guess there is always something new to learn in the garden!
I haven't gotten your seeds together yet but will be sending them soon.
If you would like to show us what is, or was, bloomin' where you are planted, just add your name and permalink to Mr Linky and add the address to this post on your blog.

Enjoy the tour!




9 comments:

Anne Fannie said...

Hi Jean, I found a Prim Rose today hidden in my garden too today. I was really surprised to see it blooming this time of the year. I like how your Japanese anemones are seeding! I am also offering free seeds on my Bloomin' Tuesday post today.
Have a great Bloomin' Tuesday!
Love, Ann

Aiyana said...

The anemone seeding process is interesting. At least you can see what's going on. I have vincas that reseed, and I have yet to figure out how.

Suzanne said...

No primroses till next Spring here - although we seen any snow yet! Love the photos about the anemones!

Unknown said...

Never had a primrose, looks interesting. As far as harvesting the seeds, either let them dry a little or pick them and lay them in a plate to dry...At least that's how I do the majority of mine, seems to work fine.

Sweetie said...

Your lone primrose is lovely. I had no idea how the Japanese anemones reseed - how interesting. I have nothing to show this week. I ordered some bulbs and they just arrived. I'll plant them on Thursday.
Sweetie

Anonymous said...

I still have not seen any snow yet but I know it is coming! I love primroses and am always meaning to plant some in the garden. Yours looks like it still has some more blooming left to go!

playsdolls said...

Hi Jean,your prim rose are so pretty,I have never tried growing prim rose.The anemone reseeding is interesting it looks real neat the way they change.I have not done Blooming Tuesday,but if you have a chance look at my Confederate Rose post.My Confederate Rose is still putting out a few blooms will stop in the next few weeks though.

Grammy said...

if they are releasing them self now. They are ready to save. Store you seed in envelopes or paper towels.Some seed requires cold so look up seed saving for each plant. All you do is place envelope in a dry container in frig after seed has had time to dry up.
Grammy

Ann said...

No blooms here of any kind. Isn't there a poem about a primrose?