Saturday, March 01, 2008

Spring Song!

A customer came in yesterday and said she heard a cardinal singing it's spring song. I'd never heard of that but she said they only sing this certain song at this time of year.
This morning, when I was out shoveling the 6 to 8 inches of snow we got last night I did hear a lot of birds singing. Let's hope they know something the weather man doesn't!
In honor of the cardinal's spring song, I thought I'd show you some of my gardens.
The one straight ahead is my thyme garden.

This is my front garden with the stone path running thru it.
This is my red, white and blue garden with the coffee pot fountain.
Let's hope it won't be too long before we see these in Western New York!
I hope you have happy thoughts of spring this weekend!


2 comments:

Rosie's Whimsy said...

Oh my, Jean, what a lot of snow!! I am sending warm wishes to help it melt faster :-) Rosie

Ruth Welter said...

Hi Jean, I love your photos..the cardinal is beautiful. I'm definately having thoughts of spring, the weather willl be warm here this week and should help to melt the bit of snow we have left.

Did you get much snow from that storm on Friday night?? Thankfully, we didn't get much of it, I was thrilled.

I love the snow covered photos and then that you showed what your garden looks like in bloom, very pretty contrast.