Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Picnic Baskets

I painted this basket several years ago for my Mom. She loved pansies! The picture is a little wild for me but my Mom loved it. My daughter has it now. I've never painted her one, but when I offered she said she was happy with her Grandma's. It's not really her taste either but she and her Grandma had a special bond so anything of "Super Lou's"( a pet name the kids called her after an incident with some super glue!) means a lot to her.This is the basket I just did for my niece to give to her cousin as a wedding present. I love flowers but don't really enjoy painting them. I like flowers to look real and I don't seem to be able to achieve that the way I paint.
She said her cousin liked lilies and yellow. I hope she's happy with it. I won't be delivering it to her so won't see her immediate reaction.
You can click on the picture to enlarge. The pictures are a little dark but when I used the flash there was a glare because of the varnish.

4 comments:

Muum said...

Those are lovely! I wish Icould paint at all, and your flowers look great! I'll bet everyone wants one of those lovely baskets who knows you.

Anonymous said...

The picnic baskets are just beautiful. What lovely gifts. Your art work is amazing. What a talent you have Jean.
Sara from farmingfriends

Carole Burant said...

Oh Jean...you are a true artist!! To me, the flowers look just perfect and I've no doubt the bride will absolutely love the basket!!! I don't blame Laurie for wanting to keep the one you had made for your mom...it's gorgeous as well! xox

Susie said...

What bride (or anyone) wouldn't love a lovely handpainted basket like that one. It's just beautiful!
xo