Friday, December 22, 2006

Easy ideas

I made lots of these little nativities a few years ago for a Senior Christmas Luncheon at church. Everyone loved them and several told me they would leave them out all year. They would be a great kids project.
Baby Jesus is a wooden peg wrapped in a square of white flannel.Mary and Joseph are made with 2 different size wooden people painted from the neck down. Cut material into circles, fold in half and glue to the top of the head and on the sides.. To figure the size measure from the top of the head almost to the bottom.
Add jute band to Joseph. Add painted eyes to all three.

The base is an ornament woodlet. Paint a wooden star gold and hot glue to a piece of dowel. Hot glue the dowel into the hole in the ornament.

Frogs

I made this recipe for easy pecan frogs for the first time last year. They were a big hit and so easy!

Just cover a cookie sheet with wax paper. First put down a small twisted pretzel. Next add a Rollo candy. I found mine in Wegman's bulk section. Put in 200 degree oven for about 3 minutes (watch carefully). The chocolate becomes shiny when done.
Remove from oven and add a pecan half to each. Let cool.

4 comments:

Dawn said...

The frogs look yummy...very yummy!!

ShabbyInTheCity said...

Ha! Someone served me these today! (The candy, not the nativity people...)

Lena said...

Your Nativity is charming. Thank you for sharing how you made it.
I like your idea for the frogs. Simple and how could they not be good when Rolo's are involved!
Merry Christmas!

The Tiquehunters Wife said...

I love this idea! I have to do some last minute baking today, wish I had time to make the frogs! Merry Christmas, Jean!