Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Back in the kitchen

This is a little nook in my kitchen. On the right is the door to the deck and on the left is the door to the basement. The painted things are all things I've made over the years.
This was a class project that we worked on for several weeks. It was my first big project.
This tree was fun to make. It is painted with a color wash, more like a water color. The outlines are inked on.
This bird house is another of my favorites. My son-in-law cut it out for me. He made the tree and snowman with a dremel tool I got him for Christmas one year. I knew it would come in handy for one of my projects eventually!
These snowmen set on my recipe box.
This year I feel like I need a great big DONE stamp like they had on "Monster House". It would feel good to put DONE on my shopping, decorating and cards but I really don't want a list because then I would see how many things aren't DONE!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I so love everything you've shown in this post...you do such beautiful work painting these delightful projects!! I just love the sleigh hanging on the wall! Your snowmen are so cute on your recipe box too:-)

Anonymous said...

I'm glad I don't have to decide which of your rooms I like the best, because they're each wonderful. I'm so glad you shared with us!
:)