Monday, October 24, 2011

It's Bloomin' Tuesday!

Welcome to the next to the last Bloomin' Tuesday until next spring!


I've been watching this one lonely Dianthus for awhile now because it's right by my driveway. We had a heavy frost on Sunday and I was afraid I'd lost it. Today it is beautiful!

One more bloom on a small piece of Sedum I moved this year.

I forgot about this mum. I love the color but I think it's being over run where it is so I'll need to move it.


Pretty fall colors with Bunny Grass, Blanket Flower seed heads and some spearmint that has turned dark burgundy.



This Dead Nettle will really need to be cut back next spring. I can't believe it's still blooming.


I didn't realize how pretty the Crocosmia gets. This would look great in a dried arrangement.


I planted this ivy and some dark purple double wave petunias in this basket I hang on the tree in front of my house.


The ivy is still going crazy!


I think I'll leave it up all winter just to see what happens. I think it was an annual but I'm not sure.
I will be stopping Bloomin' Tuesday the end of the month. My garden has about bloomed out and I'll be busy with a new Granddaughter in November.
Show me what you've got bloomin' this week. Add your name and permalink to your blog and add a link to this post. Thanks for sharing!






9 comments:

Veronica said...

Hi Jean. This is my first time her and my first ink up. I have been searching for linkys for my gardening posts and am pleased to have found you!

Thanks so much for having me.

Veronica
Tassels Twigs and Tastebuds

Rosemary said...

Jean You still have lots of interest in your garden.....mine is now looking rather bare and dull.....

Shanon Hilton said...

Love the new fall photo header. I'm afraid there is nothing left blooming in ours, but here is our 'around the yard' post anyway!

Roan said...

Another beautiful series of shots. Love the ivy!

Carol said...

So glad you too have some blooms hanging on! I'm just not ready for everything to stop bloom yet..but I know it's just around the corner.

CosmoGirl Carla said...

Wow, Jean! You still have some beauty left in your gardens. Mine are pretty much ka-put! There's a few blooms here and there, but nothing worth posting. Thanks for sharing your last few beauties!

Can't for next spring when we can all start sharing our gardens again.

Sandy said...

I just had to link up to your last post of the season.. will miss you!
Sandy

Darla said...

A new granddaughter?

Corner Gardener Sue said...

Hi Jean,
Isn't it amazing how dianthus and other flowers will take the cold, and those sedums will root and bloom like that?

I love crocosmia, but it doesn't survive most of our winters.