Monday, April 11, 2011

It's Bloomin' Tuesday!

Welcome Spring!

I finally have some blooms in Western New York so today marks the beginning of our 4th Bloomin' Tuesday!


I thought I'd show you the backyard gardens before the leaves come out. This area along the left is my day lily garden. There are also plenty of daffodils getting ready to bloom. I cleaned this bed while the girls played today.

The back left is my shade garden. There is a huge maple just beyond the pic on the left.I like this area a little woodsy so I won't clean it up too much.

You can see the middle garden in both pics. There is also a shrub garden by the shed and a bed along the neighbors garage, both are cleaned.

This walkway goes to my beauty shop. I still have a lot of work to do in these 2 areas, although we had such a great fall I did better than usual then.

Jerzie is showing you how small these daffodils are. (That's a 4 year old hand). I have bunches of these here and there.

Some pretty blue anemonies blooming next to a hyacinth bud.

There are prim roses along the stone walk thru the shade garden.

The pink and white seem to bloom first.

Look at the buds on this red! It should be beautiful soon.

I have a white Lenten rose in the shade garden
.


...and a burgundy one in the side garden. They are hard to photograph because they are so low to the ground.

I would love to see what's bloomin' where you are planted! Just add you name, state and permalink to Mr Linky below. Don't forget to add a link to this post on your blog. You can use my daffodil button or pick from others by clicking the button in my sidebar. The 'rules' are also posted there.

9 comments:

Susan Freeman said...

It looks like spring is happening in your garden. Daffodils are favorites of mine and your primroses are so sweet. Thanks for the chance to join your party!

Love,
Susan and Bentley
xxoo

Anonymous said...

I love those little miniature Daffodils. The Hellebores look like they are going to put on a nice show this year. :)

Becca's Dirt said...

So glad to have Bloomin Tuesday back. Look at you girl. How nice that you had the kids to enjoy while you worked. You had to get way down low to get those pictures. They are beautiful. Love those little primroses.

shannon i olson said...

Spring!! how exciting. I should go grab a couple photos of the tips of the tulips and rhubarb before the chilly 40 degree temps return tomorrow. Happy Spring!

Diana LaMarre said...

I was just working on a post for tomorrow. My first crocus just bloomed, so I am way behind everyone! I will join in as soon as I get some more blooms. Right now I am just beginning my spring clean up.

Love the primroses. I always find it amazing how many blooms they get a few weeks after they begin.

Deb said...

Hi Jean! Welcome back! Glad to see you're up and bloomin' again! :)
I only have Lenten Roses blooming, and I was going to take a picture, but we've had rain and more rain today. I didn't get a chance to get outside in time. Hopefully, I'll have some blooms in the coming weeks.

Suzanne said...

aaack!!! I didn't know "we" were going to start this week. I'm unprepared, but next week I'll be ready! My primroses are blooming and I just planted two lenten roses today! They don't look nearly as good as yours, but in a couple of years they'll be beauties! So good to have Bloomin' Tuesday back!

Darla said...

Oh I have to get back in the routine of bloomin' Tuesday. Your blooms are beautiful, love the 4 year old hand.

karenandjeff said...

Thanks for hosting! It's great to finally have something worth posting about.