Sunday, March 20, 2011

Welcome Spring!

I wanted something other than a wreath for my front door for spring. I found this cool rusty watering can on sale at Joann's.
I filled it with a couple spring flower bunches, also on sale.

My door has a closer on top so I need to wire any decor item to the top of the door.

I used some Velcro, stuck to the glass and the can to keep it from banging the window.

I'm very happy with the results! I can use the watering can over and over. It has a plastic liner so it can be used as a vase.
Happy Spring!

8 comments:

Zoey said...

Aren't you the clever one using Velcro! My first thought was how cute it is then I immediately wondered if it would scratch the window. Then you mentioned the velcro. You think of everything, Jean!

Carol said...

Love the idea!! I can hear the hubby sighing now when I tell him what I'm thinking of doing :) I so love to hear him sigh....it means he's actually listening.LOL!

Rosemary said...

Terrific idea , thank goodness spring is here!

Balisha said...

How clever...I would never have thought of velcro. Balisha

Linda (PA_shutterbug) said...

Your front door certainly has curb appeal!

Becca's Dirt said...

It looks nice Jean.

perennialgardener said...

You are so clever Jean, love the idea of the watering can vs a wreath. :)

Becca's Dirt said...

Did you receive your package?