Friday, August 13, 2010

Still digging!

I got a couple more cone flowers to add to the back side of my wild garden. I seem to be getting addicted to them!This one is called Flame Thrower. The color changes from red near the center to orange.

Harvest Moon is a great name for this one.


I love the golden color!

This week I dug out the front area of the wild bed

and all down the side near the stairs.
I have given away plants to 3 neighbors, some customers, my daughter, and a couple friends from facebook! I still had a few Black-eyed-Susans left over!
I think the hardest part is making sure I don't plant too much. This are was so filled in it's hard to get used to it being so sparse. At least I picked a great time to do it. A local nursery is still selling gallon perennials for 5 bucks a gallon. My car just goes there all by itself! lol!
I'll show you everything I planted on Bloomin' Tuesday!








6 comments:

Karen said...

Hi Jean, your car travels to garden centers on auto pilot, too? So does mine! I love 'Flame Thrower' what a color, and 'Harvest Moon' is a beauty, too. We need to thin out a bed this fall, too, and it's great to have people come and take plants home, isn't it? Thanks for the inspiration to get at my thinning job.

Linda (PA_shutterbug) said...

You always show the prettiest flowers! We visited Hershey Gardens this past weekend. I saw a cone flower called "White Swan". It was pretty.

Anne Fannie said...

Hi Jean, I am never disappointed coming to your blog and seeing your lovely garden and flowers.
I hurt my back and I haven't been able to do any gardening :(
Hugs, Ann

Darla said...

I must add new coneflowers to my gardens. These are great!

Zoey said...

It looks like you have a lot of new area to fill up. I will be looking forward to seeing your new plants.

Are you buying those at a chain store or a nursery? I can't find a single marked-down bargain in my small town.

dining tables said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.