Friday, June 11, 2010

Deck change

I recovered the wicker couch on the deck a few years ago but used the chairs as they were. I tried to clean the chair cushions but failed to get them clean so decided to change them.I found this material that was expensive but perfect. I only needed a yard and a half because the material is stapled on.
After I got the chairs done, I didn't like the stool or the girls wicker chair. I remembered I had some green toile left from recovering a household sale chair.
I worked with the other items perfectly!
This time I was smart enough to spray the fabric with Scotchguard so they wouldn't get so dirty.
One more spring project finished.
I cleaned the birdbath last night so I can throw my project list away!
Time to start a summer list!

5 comments:

Darla said...

How inviting your porch is..I love it.

Anonymous said...

We have wicker furniture on the pavilion in our back yard. I like your new cushions. I have said so many times, but I will say it again. You are very talented, Jean!

Suzanne said...

Your porch looks so comfortable and inviting. I wish I could plop down on one of those chairs and enjoy visiting with you!

Latane Barton said...

Love what you did with your porch. The colors are so soft and pretty, makes you want to sit down and enjoy a nice quiet moment.

Anonymous said...

Everything looks so cute and inviting.