Friday, December 04, 2009

I'm thinking...

...inside the box!
I have filled some old boxes to add to my Christmas decor this year. These boxes are not permanent so I can use them for other seasons and the items are not ruined by glue.. I fill them with basket filler and/or greens to help secure them. This is actually a sewing machine drawer. I found this darling girl dressed for winter in a outlet junk store . The glass deer was in a bottom of a box of Christmas stuff at a household sale.
This box is in my bathroom where I have a candy cane theme. It has 3 separate areas, each filled with basket filler and all topped with 'snow'.

I've picked up the canvas, wood and pipe cleaner candy canes a craft shows.
This red metal box is on my dining room table. My mantle is in this room and I chose a Santa theme this year for my Granddaughters. A couple old books and Santas and some greens is all it takes.
I've used a vintage tree skirt for a table topper.
Dig thru you boxes of Christmas stuff and use your imagination to think inside the box the Christmas!
For more Show and Tell posts go visit Cindy's Romantic Home.

4 comments:

Kelee Katillac said...

Hi Jean!

Thank-you for sharing your meaningful decor!

Stop by!

love, kelee

Darla said...

I've been waiting so see your decorations. I remember them well from last year. Are you gonna do the window boxes?

Robyn said...

Jean, I LOVE these ideas! I saw a green metal box today that would be perfect...unfortunately I don't own it! LOL

Balisha said...

I love your Christmasy look. The boxes are wonderful.It's so much fun looking at all the different blogs...this time of year especially.
Balisha