Sunday, June 28, 2009

They got me again!

My sneaky kids got me again! They told me they had decided to take me out to dinner for my birthday instead of celebrating at home. I didn't think much of that because I don't get out to eat much. I thought they might surprise me by having my brother join us. They surprised me alright... ...with about 30 friends and family!

They told me they had all been avoiding me because I know when they are lying and they didn't want me to be suspicious!

I also discovered there had been a few more 'break ins'! My daughter-in-law even snuck in and got phone numbers for some of my customers.

I love this birthday cake (although Laurie was afraid I'd be upset because I usually get homemade cheesecake for my birthday.)

I even got lots of very nice presents and cards.

Some of my gifts were roses,

a couple new summery covers for my pursefrom Kim and his 3 girls,


a cute turtle for the garden and

an adorable sculpture from Laurie and Chris.

I also got money, a gift certificate to Walmart and some other things I'll show you later. It was a wonderful birthday surprise and a great start to another year to spend with friends and family!

Thank you so much kids for this super surprise! I love you all very much!


6 comments:

Heather said...

very sweet!

Anonymous said...

Where did you go for dinner.

Latane Barton said...

What a nice surprise, Jean. Wonderful gathering of friends and family to celebrate your very special day.

Dawn said...

Good for you, Jean!!!!!
Great surprise!
:)

Darla said...

It is so clear how much you are loved!!

Connie said...

Aww! Weren't they sweet to do that for you (or to you!). Good kids.

So what kind of purse is that - that you can switch the cover? I'm sure I'm behind the times on this one - but I've never seen one like that before!