Thursday, June 18, 2009

Back to the shade

The first thing I did in the new shade garden is plant the primroses I had dug out. I used them to create a path thru the area. I gave them plenty of room because I'm hoping they like it here and spread. This is quite a large area and I wanted a 'walk in the woods' feel.I also added some large rocks I had in other areas.
I moved the jack-in-the-pulpit to behind this tree. It was so far back you had to step on other plants to see the bloom.
Then I had to add some 'art'. The box on the table has 4 small spaces and I put a different coleus in each space. I also added a bench with a sitting frog and a planter on the right side 9something has tipped this over twice!) and a bird house on a log to the left.
(Click on the picture to enlarge.)
Stay tuned, adding plants is next!

4 comments:

Latane Barton said...

Looking good.... you must be tired.

Diana LaMarre said...

Jean,
Your new shade garden is coming along nicely. Can't wait to see what else you plant.

Carla said...

This is coming along great!! Love your seating area also:)

Unknown said...

It's getting there. I am doing the same thing and it's been 100 degrees the last three days!!