Monday, March 16, 2009

It's Bloomin' Tuesday!

Our weather has been perfect! It's been sunny and in the 50's for a few days and to me that's perfect weather to work outside. I've been cutting back and raking and even tho I haven't seen too many more spring sights, I have smelled some.
While raking the large side garden I couldn't miss the wonderful scent of bee balm.I had to cut back my 2 lavender plants and the fragrance just filled the air. Lovely!
I also had to pick gravel from the path gardens and just slightly touching the thyme plants sends up my all 'thyme' favorite scent!
I think I may smell some fresh spring rain tonight. I have new garden plans and get so excited this time of year. It is only March tho and I have to be careful not to do too much too early. The anticipation is killing me!
What 'springscents' inspire you?



12 comments:

Anne Fannie said...

Hi Jean, I love Lavender plants! They smell so great! I love the smell of spring in the garden! Looking at your pictures, I can smell it all!
Happy Bloomin' Tuesday...
~Ann

Aiyana said...

The Bee Balm is very pretty. We can grow Lemon Bee Balm here in Phoenix (Citriodora montarda). Do you know what species your Bee Balm is?
I did a lot of gardening today--repotting, watering, etc. and noticed all the wonderful smells going on right now. Feathery Cassia, (a honey/licorice scent) Petunia, rose, Rosemary, and Willow Acacia. Wonderful!
Aiyana

Unknown said...

Are these blooming now? Wonderful photos........all Spring scents inspire me. Right now I am so enjoying the alyssum and citrus blooms.

Jean said...

Aiyana, The bee balm is Monarda didyma 'Gardenview Scarlet'.
Darla, These are not blooming now (nothing is!) but archive pics from last season. Jean

Susie said...

Hi Jean,
I love the lavender plants for their scent and how they bring all the bees to the garden.
Mine aren't blooming yet though..
xo

Paula said...

Love your pictures and your smells!
Thanks for sharing - refreshing to read about! Paula

Carla said...

I just must touch everything as I pass. I have two little thyme plants (and love to make time puns also), mint, and other herbs, onion, garlic, on and on AND super sweet jasmine and wisteria blooms! You are right about it being to early, but it is getting closer!! Your blooms are lovely!!

Anonymous said...

I love the scent of Lavender, I have a line of Lavender from my front gate to my front door and I brush against it just so I can smell it!

Connie said...

Jean, your gardens are lovely. How do you keep them so neat? I've never had much luck with lavender, it always gets woody - which I do not like...mostly wood, and less flowers. Maybe we're just growing the wrong kind, or the wrong way.

Thanks for sharing.

Connie

playsdolls said...

Your Bee Balm is so pretty ,I am going to plant some in the field we just cleared,it is so evasive out there it can just grow all it wants.

OldBagNewTricks said...

Ahhhh, my little garden has a long way to go to catch up to yours... but you inspire me to keep trying.

Your bee balm is my favorite.

Jenny

PC said...

WOW I love your lavendar - your beds look like a magazine! Thanks for hosting Blooming Tuesday! Paula from Idaho