Monday, March 02, 2009

It's Bloomin' Tuesday!

Welcome! This post is not actually about blooms but the anticipation of blooms. Most of our snow has melted but it's very cold with snow flurries. I ran out with my camera and just look what I found.
It looks like the daffodils I planted in front of my day lilies are coming up. I'm really excited to see a row of daffodils!
I also saw signs of my double hollyhocks coming up.
Two of my new hydrangea have some green on them. It's always good in spring to check on the newest plants. You never know what will make it and what won't.
I didn't see anything on the 'limelight' yet but it's early. At least I know I'll have these two.
I love the spring and I'm excited to see the signs of spring in your gardens.
What anticipated blooms do you see?
If you'd like to show us your garden or indoor plants just add your name and permalink to Mr Linky and add a link on your blog to this post.
Happy Bloomin' Tuesday!




12 comments:

Suzanne said...

You lucky duck! I have NOTHING to contribute this week. It's just too early for Colorado. I'm hoping when I get back to blogging in a few weeks that there will be a little something in my yard to share! I hope... ;o)

Aiyana said...

You are anticipating; my spring is three weeks old! I keep telling myself to plant bulbs in the fall, but year after year, I fail. Mostly because nothing is available early enough to chill in the fridge before planting.
Aiyana

Cedar ... said...

Now THAT's really a sign of spring!

Paula said...

WOOHOO! Love the pictures...as soon as the snow melts totally I am going to go and see what is happening. Love that first walk around the yard!
Paula in Idaho

Sugarplum Cottage said...

Don't you just love seeing that precious green poking up from the ground? I'm ready to go to the flower center and buy new plants. Hugs, Rosemarie

playsdolls said...

Doesn't it jput a smile on your face to see new green sprouts.
Miss Blooming Tuesday todat will be back next week.

Connie said...

Just little signs of Spring does wonders for my attitude and emotions! It's coming, I can feel it! Thanks for the pics.

Unknown said...

You have some great things coming back!! Yippee !! Pins and needles with anticipation around these parts for sure.

Anonymous said...

I love seeing the new growth starting to come through, it makes me feel happy after all the dark, dreary days of Winter.

Carla said...

bits of green!! How exciting!

fitty's pinky rose cottage said...

looks like you are getting ready for spring! have a great day!

Deb said...

What lovely little signs of Spring Jean! We will have to be a bit more patient where I live - our garden is a frozen snowy spot :-)