Thursday, November 13, 2008

Show and Tell

Some of you may remember this old dirty chair I got on the last day of a household sale. The tag says 5 dollars but I got it for 30% off.I loved the design of the chair and the nice curvy wooden legs.
I got rid of all that dirty fabric and tacks and put new padding on. The bottom springs were in very good shape so the seat was pretty firm.
I decided to try some toile as I have never had any in my home before. I always seemed to be drawn to it. I was really drawn to it more when I found out it was on sale.
I did recover a chair before but it had wooden arms so I only did the seat and back. I figured I didn't have much invested to I might as well give it a try.
It's far from perfect but I'm happy with the finished project. I'm very pleased with the fabric choice.
There you have it, a new chair for under 50 dollars! I need to make some pillows with the excess material and make a small pillow for this chair with some fabric from another chair in the room.
For more Show and Tell posts go to Kelli's House.

20 comments:

Unknown said...

you are so talented! Great job and I do love that fabric, great colors.

Schotzy said...

I wish I could do that! Beautiful job, beautiful fabric, fabulous chair!!!!

Val R said...

oh, i LOVE what you did with the chair! What a deal!!!

Balisha said...

What a find and what a beautiful result. You have an eye for a bargain and a talent to make it beautiful.

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

Wow, fantastic job. It looks great.

Jessica said...

You're right, the fabric was a great choice. This was a great project for you to share, thanks so much.

Being Mrs Miles said...

HA - you make this look so easy, yet I KNOW how very hard it is to refinish things. I don't believe I could do this myself.

Your choice of fabric is amazing.

Thank you for allowing us to visit!

Heather said...

great job! i could never attempt that, lol. i'd be covered in the fabric instead of the chair!

Unknown said...

Come back by and see the seeds packaged!!

Anonymous said...

What a great job, the chair is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

You did an amazing job

Rechelle ~Walnuthaven Cottage~ said...

FANTASTIC!!!

Susie Homemaker said...

Nothing ventured, nothing gained...great job!

Warm wishes,
Susie

Kathy said...

Oh my gosh Jean, it's fantastic! Have you ever done this your self before? I would love to know how to! Great job!
Kathy

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

Oh no you did NOT get that great chari (albiet dirty and sad) for $5!! It had GREAT bones - you must have recognized that because you were it's Fairy Godmother - making it beautiful and treasured! it's lovely!
Colleen
PS - LOVE LOVE LOVE the green toile!

Kelli said...

You did a wonderful job....it's gorgeous!
~Kelli

Rosemary said...

What a great job you did on your chair , love the toile.
Great Tree on your shopping trip. You certainly made me smile with the cleaning poem. Could I borrow it and post it on my blog?

Diana LaMarre said...

Wondeful job on that chair. I wish I could do that! I also love your choice of fabric.

Baby Vagabond said...

That's amazing Suzanne! You are indeed a talented woman. I don't think I would ever have the guts to try something like this. You are inspirational!

((hugs)) Rosie

playsdolls said...

Great find and you did an awesome job redoing the chair,I love the green tolie it was a great choice.