Thursday, October 09, 2008

How much?

First I would like to thank Retro Girl (and here) for this award. It means a lot to me when fellow bloggers enjoy my posts. I found this pretty divided Christmas dish at a household sale. I have platters with this type of design but hadn't seen one like this. I'm sure I'll find some use for it over the holidays. I got these three items at a great garage sale we happened upon. It was a one day sale and everything was priced to sell. 10 cents each! Another Christmas bowl and a cheese plate. I only bought it for the glass dome.
I love the pattern on this bowl. It doesn't match any thing I have but since it was only a dime, why not! It' a good thing she didn't have anything else I liked or I would of come home with a car full!




7 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats on your award, it is well deserved! What's wrong with eclectic Chrismas dishes or any dishes? I do like to have a matching set, although the different patterns sitting around are pretty cool too. Good buys!

Grammy said...

I love them all.But I am love the clear glass the most. What a find to have detail on it. Have a great day. Congrats on the award you deserve it.

Wendy said...

Congratulations on the award! Re the garage sale. I'd say you did very very well. And things don't have to match any more. Just put out what you like!

Latane Barton said...

I think you did a great job yard sale shopping. I am a nut about dishes, especially old ones. So, I'm sort of envious of that bowl you found. Does it have a mark on the bottom?

Wanita said...

Great buys! I love the glass plate and pretty bowl. Love those garage sales!

Blessings,
Wanita

Rosie's Whimsy said...

I love that bowl, too. It's design is so delicate.

:-) Rosie

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your award & the great deals you got at the garage sale!