Sunday, June 01, 2008

All Decked Out!

I got my containers filled on the deck this morning. I also finished putting out my garden "stuff" but I'll show that another day. Everything will look better after it fills out some.I love this statue of a girl blowing bubbles. I found the rusty garden sign at Big Lots.
The only hanging basket I get is a fuscha. They are so messy this is a perfect place for it. The mess just falls on the ground.
This is a Star of Bethlehem my son and his wife gave me for Mothers Day. I think it looks good in the blue crock. I got the bluebird in Erie the other day. It can't be planted outside here but I hope I can get it to winter over.
I have a pink and a purple wave petunia in my urns and some "peppermint" vinca. It's white with a pink center.
I planted cosmos in my "soup bucket" this year. They are a new type that are supposed to get 12 to 15 inches tall. I love cosmos so I thought I'd give them a try.
All my annuals are planted unless I find something more I "need"!
It's sunny here today but there is a strong cool wind. I hope you're having a great Sunday. How's your planting coming along?

5 comments:

Rosie's Whimsy said...

Everything is beautiful! It won't be long until those pots are overflowing! :-) Rosie

JunieRose2005 said...

Jean,


Love all your gardening ideas. Everything looks really pretty!


Junie

Scooterblu's Whimsy~Rhonda said...

Jean, So glad you stopped by my blog for a visit! Your blog is awesome! I love the background...very unique! And your plants are beautiful! You have some really interesting, different flowers! I have certainly enjoyed my visit here! Come back again soon! ~Rhonda :)

Susie said...

Hi Jean,
Everything looks so welcoming and like a great place to sit and relax as the weather gets warmer. I know you'll enjoy spending lots of time out there!
xo

Diana LaMarre said...

Love the blue crock.

I think those short cosmos are nice. The big tall ones really limit where you can plant them, but those little cuties will be perfect in your pot.

Everything looks great in your pink and purple theme.