Saturday, January 19, 2008

Out my window

I have a couple bird feeders and suet feeders under the deck and out my beauty shop window. It's always dark and hard to get pictures. If you look close you can see a cardinal on the feeder and a woodpecker on the suet feeder.
The female cardinal is waiting in the pine tree.
The downy woodpecker is here every day once I put out the suet feeders. See the little red spot on it's head?
The male cardinal picking up leftovers.
These shots were taken from the deck above. It was a gloomy day and the cardinal was so bright you couldn't miss it.
It sat on that branch for a long time but wouldn't move closer.
My customers can see the feeders thru the mirror when I'm cutting their hair so they really enjoy watching the birds.

2 comments:

Diana LaMarre said...

Nice shots of the cardinal, Jean. I am always so excited to see a cardinal at my feeders.

Unknown said...

Hi! It's me again! I just wanted to say down here in GEorgia our wood peckers are 3 times that size. they are huge! Well TOODLES!