Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Wreath

I decided I wanted some kind of bead or berry wreath for the wreath stand in my dining room. I looked when I was in Erie and they were 30 to 40 dollars! No way I'm paying that much. Most of them had a grapevine base so I decided to try to make one. I got all I needed for less than $15.
I pulled apart the icy branches and hot glued them to the wreath. Then I just stuck the berry sprays into the wreath and bent the stems around the wreath. I used 10 sprays,
I didn't even cut or glue the sprays so if I decide I want to do something else with them I can.
I like the glass look beads with the berries.

I'm very happy with the way it turned out and with the price!

6 comments:

Are We There Yet? said...

I'm so heading out to the craft store this weekend and getting the stuff for this wreath. Simple, yet beautiful. Thanks for great idea!

OldBagNewTricks said...

Oh, looky there -- you've inspired me... and God knows I am much in need of inspiration. My dad's door needs a new wreath your's is beautiful... (Jerzie's new T-shirts and snowsuit are too adorable. As is she -- how fitting.)

Jenny

T*mmy said...

First of all, I love your new header...your house is gorgeous!

Love the berry wreath...and the fact that you saved money...prices are really getting outrageous!!

Have a great day! =)

Ruth Welter said...

Jean, your berry wreath looks beautiful...great job.

farmingfriends said...

Your wreath is lovely. You are so creative.
Sara from farmingfriends

Zoey said...

That looks great, Jean.

It's amazing how much money we can save by making our own decorations.