Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Celebrity connections

I've been thinking about this series of posts for awhile and decided that this is a good time. Everyone seems so bored and it is hard to come up with a post that isn't about snow.
Let me first say that I am not impressed with celebrity. I do not like a person because of who they know. I am not a "fan" of anybody special. I like several TV shows but I am not interested in meeting the stars. I would rather sit at home and watch a concert on TV. I have had a few customers with "celebrity" connections in the past and they do make interesting stories. One of my favorite weekly customers' son-in-law discovered AIDS and was Rock Hudson's doctor. Another's daughter worked for Jim Hansen and the Muppets and her son is an accomplished artist. When I went to her 75th birthday party I met a lady who later was written about in People Magazine.
I have a good friend, Lloyd, who also has a "celebrity connection". Can you guess who he's connected to by the way he's dressed?You're right! He has a connection to Lucy! I have really enjoyed this connection even though I am not a major fan. I know you FANS are going to be upset that this is wasted on me but I will be sharing pictures and stories with you about this connection.
Do you have any guesses as to what Lloyd's connection to Lucy is? Leave your ideas in the comments. I'll let you know tomorrow!
Now isn't this more exciting than snow pictures ?!!!

3 comments:

Carole Burant said...

I've been collecting celebrity autographed photos since I was 14 years old and now have over 6000 of them in albums. I've never met any of them in person, I just wrote to them requesting their photo:-) I really don't know how I'd react if I ever did meet one in person! lol Hmmmm...Lloyd has a connection with Lucy...did he maybe help write some of the episodes? Or he was her hairdresser? Or....aaarrrgggghhh tell us!!! lol xoxo

TJ said...

I'm guessing...he was her golf caddy??
hehe!!
:-D

Tracey said...

Soooo much more exciting than snow! I love Lucy...dh doesn't like her much, but DD and I sure enjoy her silly antics =) I think I admire her talent, you know? She was very serious about being funny. And she always seemed so...nice, real, human..