Sunday, February 11, 2007

Baby book part 2

Mom's first "journey" was to a small town (about 20 minutes away now) on December 23. I'm surprised they took her out so young. Older ladies I talk to now think it's terrible how people drag their babies all over. It was the Christmas season and both parents families lived around the town they went to.
I love these pictures. My granddaughter loves to pull hair. That sure hasn't changed!
She took her first steps at 13 1/2 months. This is the first page that has the name change although she isn't referred to by name on the other pages. Emaline was baptized in June.Don't you love this Christmas tree? Gifts were a doll, bonnet, 4 pair stockings,3 dresses, a chair, shoes and a knife, spoon and fork set. I wish Grandma described the chair. There is a beautiful small rocker that belonged to my Mom. It had been painted several times so I had it stripped and gave it to my daughter for her 18th birthday. It has a high back and a lot of carved detail.
One of her first playmates was a cousin. I don't recognize the other 2 names. There is no record of when the hand was traced but it looks pretty big to me.
I hope you have enjoyed this baby book as much as I have. Please feel free to "borrow" some of the pictures if that is possible. Just e-mail me and I'll sent them to you if you'd like.

5 comments:

Susie said...

Jean,
The Christmas picture and the kitty playmate one are just too cute.
My Mom's baby book has her handprints also. I think that may have been a common thing to do in that era!
:)

Carole Burant said...

Oh Jean, I thoroughly enjoyed looking through your mother's baby book with you!! I wish my mom had kept something like that but I don't even know if my gran ever kept such a record. I found the baby book my mom was given at the hospital when she had me but she never wrote anything in it!! Bah! lol Hugs xox

TJ said...

thanks so much for sharing the rest of your treasure!!
:-D

Naturegirl said...

So precious!

Lilli in Vancouver said...

So precious. Thanks so much for sharing this rare treasure with us :)