Saturday, January 20, 2007

Winter outside, spring inside!

I got my workout again today! I even did the driveway this time. My son came over awhile ago and did it again for me. His snow blower is broken and the part won't be in until Wednesday so he had to do it by hand. When it gets bad he usually takes care of me and his Dad. My small electric snow blower is out there in the shed. Good place for it don't you think?I bought myself this primrose at work the other night. I don't think I have this color.
I have a horrible head cold so I left a message for my daughter to pick up some drugs at Walmart for me. She brought me this beautiful bouquet of tulips! I've never been one to buy fresh flowers but they sure have a way of brightening things up, both my home and my spirits! Next time you're out pick up a little spring and see what it does for you!

8 comments:

Dawn said...

Love the flowers, Jean. Hope you feel better soon..

Diane@Diane's Place said...

I love primulas, and the tulips are gorgeous!

My daffodils have huge buds on them and it's sleeting like crazy outside. This has been a crazy winter so far. Too warm and no snow. My spring bulbs are all up and budding out, and my flowering quince is blooming away, silly thing.

Hope you feel better soon, and thanks for visiting, Jean. :-)

Susie said...

So sorry you have a cold! I couldn't agree more about a touch of spring indoors during the winter months.
I try to keep small vases of cut flowers in all the rooms (even the bathroom) Love the color of your primrose..
Feel better soon...
hugs!

The Tiquehunters Wife said...

The pictures of your flowers are beautiful and your daughter was a sweetheart to bring them to you! Will you plant the primrose outdoors in the Spring?, or does it stay in the house? I'm just learning about perennials. Just planted my first little perennial garden this past summer.
Anyway Jean, I sure hope you will be feeling better soon.

TJ said...

the snow is "nice"...but those gorgeous flowers made this post!!
:-D

Anonymous said...

Very nice, liked the pictures, and the write ups.Marcy

JUST A MOM said...

The flowers are nice. Hope your nose is clear enough to smell them. Get better soon.

Carole Burant said...

Awww you poor dear, I hope you feel better reallll soon!! The flowers are just gorgeous and such beautiful brilliant colours!! It certainly would cheer up anyone:-) Hugs xox